Monday, June 22, 2015

Ulta and Sephora Beauty Haul | America

Hello beautiful people!

On the weekend I took a little trip to Buffalo, New York with the family.
We were only there for one night. We drove up Friday afternoon and came back Saturday afternoon.
It was a little break for my dad before he has to work at the Panam games/ a Father's Day trip.

When it comes to crossing the boarder, I always look forward to buying makeup.
1. Because Sephora is cheaper in the States than it is here in Canada
2. Because they have better brands

My first stop was at Sephora and I was so overwhelmed.
I had a mental list of all the things that I wanted to buy, but the minute I walked through the doors the list just disappeared.
I was in there for over an hour just not sure what to look at or what to buy.
Thankfully, I found a nice lady who worked there and she was such a doll!
I bought a few things that I'm so in love with.
I just went back to the hotel and stared at them- ya I know, I'm weird.

The first thing I bought was the Bare Minerals, Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in the shade 07 Tan.
I've had my eyes set on this for a while and I finally bought this because my skin is getting darker and I need a summer foundation.
When I got colour matched, I immediately fell in love with this. 
It's such a light weight foundation and I can feel the hydration. 
It has very little coverage, but it does say on the back of the tube that it can be layered for better coverage. 
I also really like the way it sets as well.
Once I start wearing this I'll definitely do a review, but as of right now I have high hopes for this product.

 This product could just make me cry!
It's the Bobbi Brown, Illuminating Bronzing Powder in the shade Aruba.
I have been on the search for the perfect bronzer that would actually show up on my skin and does a perfect job at making me look like a Sun Goddess. 
Let me tell you, when I tried this product it did exactly what I wanted it to do.
I did not care how much it was, I was gunna buy it either way.
I'm staring at the product now and looking at the shimmer and it's bringing tears to my eyes!

 This purchase was a very last minute one.
My friend Megan told me these were great, but I'm not really a make-up wipe type of girl just because I know they aren't really the best for your skin.
But the lady at Sephora used these to take make-up off my face and the scent was heavenly. 
These are the OLEHENRIKSEN, the clean truth cleansing and brightening cloths. 
They contain vitamin C and CoQ10- they brighten, cleanse and hydrate.
These wipes have a very citrus scent that smells so delightful and I don't have to scrub at my face to get all my make-up off.
These are so gentle on my sensitive skin which makes me really happy.

 This is the last thing I bought from Sephora and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I was just swatching these for fun because my friend Stephanie has a huge fascination with them. 
It is the Marc Jacobs, Twinkle Pop eye stick in the shade Honey Bunny. 
What's cool about this is that it has such a pleasing cool feeling when you apply this product. 
The range of colours are absolutely beautiful, but I chose this one because of how gorgeous the shimmer is. 
In my mind, I'd wear this just all over the lid with black winged liner on a daily basis.
I'm just hoping it looks as pretty as I think it will.
Swatch of Honey Bunny
I don't think I'll be able to say whether or not I love this until I try it.
I didn't immediately fall in love with it, but it's cheaper than it is in Canada so I thought I'd give it a try.

The last place I went to was Ulta.
It was my first time going in there and I wasn't going to leave without checking it out because I wanted to buy all the Real Technique brushes.
So of course, it makes sense that I walked out with more than just make-up brushes.

 I bought the it Cosmetics Hello Lashes Extensions Mascara.
This is my first it Cosmetics product and I'm really excited about it.

The brush is similar to the Benefit They're Real Mascara and I hated that one, so I'm praying to the make-up Gods that this one is nothing like it.
I actually meant to grab the other mascara that I saw Lauren Curtis use in a First Impressions video.
But I will make the most of this and hopefully I'll fall in love with it because I'm always on the look for better mascaras. 

Lets all just take a moment and appreciate the fact that I have two more Real Technique Brushes to add to my collection.
I bought the blush brush from the original collection and the small tapered one from the Bold Metals Collection.
I wanted to try out one of the brushes from the new line before buying the rest of it because I'm way too obsessed with the packaging.
Like how beautiful is that rose gold?!
I also need a really good blush brush which is why I bought the blush brush from the original collection.

I am way too scared to open them or even use them.
These are my new babies!
I wasn't even this excited when I got my new car!
haha!

So that is all the beauty related things that I bought while in America!
Let me know if you've tried any of these products and whether or not you liked them!
I hope you guys are all having a beautiful day!
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment